Transforming pieces of furniture has become my favorite hobby. Someone I knew was giving this wooden desk away for free and I knew I could transform it to something of my liking. Here are the steps I took to transform it!
1. Remove the white door closers (they're used to easily carry and move the desk around so the doors won't open)
2. Wash the entire desk with a rag and Simple Green to ensure all the grease or dirt is removed.
3. Remove the handles (you won't be needing them.)
4. Paint the entire desk with Beyond Paint. (I did 3 coats) More detailed instructions are on this blog post when I used it for my kitchen cabinets that I turned white.
5. Paint the Beyond Paint Sealer on there (preferably 2 coats) since it's going to be touched a lot more than cabinets.
6. Screw on the new handles. I purchased the middle handles from Etsy and the others from Amazon which I found for a crazy cheap price. I chose to choose handles with the same length that the others were on the desk so I didn't have to do any major work on this.
7. and VIOLA
Unrelated but we just remodeled our dream house so if you are interested: I also have posts on our kitchen, heated floors, powder bath, wood floors, lights, motorized blinds, and laundry.
Most of my photos have been edited with my presets
You can follow all our home reno youtube videos here
All my home reno blog posts are here
You can find more house updates on my insta stories and vlogs
Don't forget to check out my Amazon Page that lists all my favorites on there- clothing, bathing suits, beauty products and more.